Help For An E-commerce Competition

Hey guys,

Next friday im leaving for orlando to go to nationals in DECA. DECA is a marketing and business competition and im competing in the e-commerce event (of course). Now I just want to see if I can get some input from you guys for any new ideas I could use.

Heres what I do while im there and what id like some ideas for if possible.

In my event you have to do a case-problem/roleplay in front of a judge. The case problems are usually about a store which wants to either create or expand their online store options. Me and my partner are given objectives which we have to explain in our response in front of the judge after 30 minutes of prep time. My partner and I take the part of a e-commerce consultant or web design company, and the judges take the part of the store.

Now what I need some help on.

Usually one of the objectives includes something about advertising and how is the store owner going to attract people to his online store. Now there are of course the traditional methods such as paper media ads and banner ads and stuff like that. Ive also had lots of success using viral marketing concepts and incorporating web 2.0 products into the presentation (like google maps and youtube).

Now that did really good for me at state, but I was wondering if there are other ideas out there. Im just looking for anything unique that the other guy wont have so really anything helps.

Thanks a lot for any input you might have and wish me luck :thumbsup: .

Edited by Sir_Siddy

Nationals??? Wow, congratulations, Siddy and of course good luck!

DECA is big at our local HS (hmmm, wonder how for Montague's DECA group made it this year?)

The only marketing suggestion I can give is some sort of coupon. "Mrs Potato" LOVES coupons.

You're going to do great! Have a wonderful time in Florida, too--don't make it all business and no play!

Liz

I just did a quick google search and you guys are sending 8 people down there. Thats pretty good. We usually send about that many from our school as well, but this year our membership just exploded and we got 15 to qualify. Best we have ever done.

Thank for that suggestion too :)

(I think we are going to one of the Disney land for one of the days so its defiantly gonna be fun )

Edited by Sir_Siddy

Wow, that's REALLY good seeing as our HS only has about 350 kids in it. Thanks for checking :thumbsup:

Disneyworld! I was hoping that since you were in Orlando y'all would go. That's a "can't miss" "They say" skip the "giant golf ball" and do the fun stuff! (the Golf Ball wasn't built last time I went to DWorld)

And sunscreen, young man, sunscreen!!! The Florida sun is stronger than it is up here, (been to Florida many times!) and you probably haven't been exposed to the sun since August. Better to return pale than suffer a Florida sunburn. Florida tans fade as quick as you get them anyways....

Liz