Where Is It?

I thought I seen a link on the boards where you could send an invite to a person, by inputing their email addy. I may be thinking of some other place or I may be imagining it.

If we don't have it how hard would it be to set up?

M

We used to have something on the bottom of the forums where you could do that. However, with the most recent forum upgrade, Jeff didn't include it. I'm sure it is simple to put back up, but he's on vacation in Florida right now with his girlfriend, so he may not be stopping by for a few more days. I'll add it to his to-do list. ;)

Matt

I looked through some cd back ups recently and kept asking my self, "What the heck did I want/keep (program name) for?"

I still kept those cd's even after seeing they were of little use to me. I could have freed up about 30 slots in the cd folder but nooooo.

M

Ok now I know I am not loosing what little I have between my ears.

M

I'm glad you're not Mikex.

However....I am.

Wish I could have backed up my brain like I backed up my hard drives. :lol:

I have to write notes to remind me where the notes are that I wrote to remind me what to do. Does that make any sense?

I'm so confused :blink:

Mark

Edited by garmanma

M

However....I am.

Learn about the Successful Aging of Your Brain

Starting April 16, join our conversation, in our Curious Minds op ed discussion, on the latest brain science and how you can keep your brain healthy longer.

Go to: http://discussions.seniornet.org/webx?13@@.8626a12a

M

However....I am.

Learn about the Successful Aging of Your Brain

Starting April 16, join our conversation, in our Curious Minds op ed discussion, on the latest brain science and how you can keep your brain healthy longer.

Go to: http://discussions.seniornet.org/webx?13@@.8626a12a

Interesting Article Sultan, Thanks.

Mark, you just described my note system, about notes about....whatever they were about... !!! Yes what you said makes perfect sense to me!!! That's my system too. Now if I could just remember to read them...!!! 'Post its' all over the bathroom mirror, near the coffee pot, around the computer monitor and keyboard, yet I still forget to check them for important reminders to do stuff on time!!! Ha! :rolleyes:

I have to write notes to remind me where the notes are that I wrote to remind me what to do. Does that make any sense?

I'm so confused

Mark

Pat

God bless everyone

Mark, you're scaring me. You're starting to sound like me. Bad thing, bad thing!! :rolleyes:

Notes? Nope, they all go on the counter next to the coffeepot.

Now when I decide,

"this item would make much more sense if it belonged here",

Hooo, boy, guaranteed that the item will be lost forever. Been looking for my rope caulk for the windows since September (I broke down and bought some more). I *do* remember, moving its location made perfect sense at the time....but where did I move it to? Come on, my house isn't that big!

Sings "Oh where, oh where did my little brain go, oh where, oh where could it be?"

Liz

Edited by blim

I can't tell what color my monitor is. As far as I know it's yellow post-it notes. I'd buy me one of them "as seen on tv" voice recorders, but I'd have to write 2 notes. One to remind me to use it and one to remind me where I put it :thumbsup:

Mark

I'm so confused :blink:

Mark

Mark, Pat and Liz

Here's my solution for notes.

I use a legal pad, 70 sheets, 81/2 x 113/4 and record any and all actions done to the computer.

ie., updates, programs, site addresses etc.

Might take a little time to find a past action taken, but it's there in front of you.

Guess it can be called a DAILY DIARY.

Works for me.!!!

I've always kept my life pretty simple and it doesn't take much to remember the important things on the "to-do" list of a simple life but lately I've been doing a bit of pc repair work on top of my 42+ hours a week "real job". I've attributed having a good memory all my life due to being a musician (read that in a study somewhere, don't know the validity) and it seems I still remember how to play things that I learned decades ago but sometimes can't remember what services I may or may not have done on someone's PC....and since I'm a little too prideful, I don't keep notes. If it's not important enough to remember, it can't be that important....It's not like I'm gonna forget the baby is in his car seat, on top of the car....lol

I've always kept my life pretty simple and it doesn't take much to remember the important things on the "to-do" list of a simple life but lately I've been doing a bit of pc repair work on top of my 42+ hours a week "real job". I've attributed having a good memory all my life due to being a musician (read that in a study somewhere, don't know the validity) and it seems I still remember how to play things that I learned decades ago but sometimes can't remember what services I may or may not have done on someone's PC....and since I'm a little too prideful, I don't keep notes. If it's not important enough to remember, it can't be that important....It's not like I'm gonna forget the baby is in his car seat, on top of the car....lol

Leaving something on top of a car reminds me of something that happened once. My friends and I are sitting ing a coffee shop early one morn. and this car drives up with a mailbox on top of his car. He comes in and gets a cup to go, looking like he's still asleep. He gets to his car, looks at the mailbox, and opens it to see if he got any mail. When he realizes what he's doing, he looks up and sees the entire shop at the window laughing our butts off.

Mark

Hubby went to work one morning many years ago with his spare pair of work boots (he was going to be working in a wet area and wanted a dry pair to switch to afterwards) on top of the car...luckily he stopped at friend's gas station for a fillup...and he noticed the boots. Sure took alot of ribbing over that one. Later he got teased every time the friend, who also was the manager of the apartment building we lived in, saw him go out to the car!!! :rolleyes:

handplane thanks for your method to keep track of computer work.

For my computer, I do keep notes in steno pad for various registration numbers, passwords, screen names and other such important info. Then I use the envelope method ( each are well labeled by program or whatever and stored in a small upright slotted organizer thing by the monitor) for dated notes of everything we do on the computer's various programs, or trouble calls to dialup service, and miscellaneous how to notes gleaned from the boards. But for the stuff I tend to easily and often forget, those go on post its around the monitor, and if essential to do very soon they go on my sign in/out internet service hours sheet of paper next to keyboard (we have a 200 hour per month, average 6 and one half hours a day, with cutoff after 4 continuous hours)...so we check that sheet alot.

I have considered redoing it all to better/neater/ (proper like Mom would have me do it if she were still around bossing me... Ha!) organized by doing 3x5 cards (instead of the recycled blank scrap paper I cutup and use now) in a recipe box with dividers...but originally started this other way and since it works ok...I guess I'll continue with it. I can find stuff when I need it so that is all that counts I guess.

Back when I was in my 20's, when life and belongings were much simpler, I was very organized! Even my hobbies were very organized...especially with my post card collection (ending up by the time I quit seriously collecting them in the mid 70's, with over 100, 000 so I had to be organized!!! But oh my since then the ones I've added are just stored in several shoe boxes and I never got them filed properly....sigh!!!)

It's all the rest of life's little stuff that needs notes that spill all over the house and drive us nuts (along with the reasons for the notes!!!) We thought with retirement, or whatever this New Season of our lives is, that life would be simpler... oh my were we ever WRONG!!!

Pat

God bless everyone