Are you sure you bricked it? If I remember correctly DD-WRT changes the default router IP from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1 or something like that. To confirm (assuming your NIC is set to receive a LAN IP from the router automatically) check your LAN connection status. What does it report for 'Default Gateway' and 'DNS Server'? Whatever IP this is (should be the same in both cases) this is the LAN IP of your router. Access the router's web setup interface using this IP in your web browser.

BTW, which version of DD-WRT did you use?

In case it is actually bricked you can try the following:

You'll need the Linksys TFTP utility and to do some NIC configuring. I recorded how I debricked my Motorola WR850G and doing so with the WRT54G should be similar. Just don't install Motorla firmware onto the Linksys! Lol! Use the Linksys firmware and flash with the TFTP utility.

• Before you perform a flash ensure that you reset the router to "manufacturer's defaults" no matter if the previous firmware was a Linksys official firmware or 3rd party firmware. This can be done through the web interface or by pressing the 'Reset' button for ~15 seconds.
  • Flash with the firmware that is compatible with your specific make/model of router! Brick a router with another router's firmware and it can become even more difficult to debrick.
  • Make sure that you aren't using the internet connection at the time of the flash!
  • DO NOT disturb the flashing process even if it hangs for a bit!
  • At the end of a successful flash let the router sit (and reboot automatically) for ~3 minutes. After this time press and hold the 'Reset' button for ~15 seconds and let it rest again. Continue with setup configuration as normal.

Edited by Falcon1986

OK but I did get it to work after I did this, but it was a lot of setup in there. I mean the help was not very good. Maybe you could help me with it.

Are you sure you bricked it? If I remember correctly DD-WRT changes the default router IP from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.0.1 or something like that. To confirm (assuming your NIC is set to receive a LAN IP from the router automatically) check your LAN connection status. What does it report for 'Default Gateway' and 'DNS Server'? Whatever IP this is (should be the same in both cases) this is the LAN IP of your router. Access the router's web setup interface using this IP in your web browser.

BTW, which version of DD-WRT did you use?

In case it is actually bricked you can try the following:

You'll need the Linksys TFTP utility and to do some NIC configuring. I recorded how I debricked my Motorola WR850G and doing so with the WRT54G should be similar. Just don't install Motorla firmware onto the Linksys! Lol! Use the Linksys firmware and flash with the TFTP utility.

• Before you perform a flash ensure that you reset the router to "manufacturer's defaults" no matter if the previous firmware was a Linksys official firmware or 3rd party firmware. This can be done through the web interface or by pressing the 'Reset' button for ~15 seconds.
  • Flash with the firmware that is compatible with your specific make/model of router! Brick a router with another router's firmware and it can become even more difficult to debrick.
  • Make sure that you aren't using the internet connection at the time of the flash!
  • DO NOT disturb the flashing process even if it hangs for a bit!
  • At the end of a successful flash let the router sit (and reboot automatically) for ~3 minutes. After this time press and hold the 'Reset' button for ~15 seconds and let it rest again. Continue with setup configuration as normal.