Weird Problem While Trying To Acess The C Drive Through My Computer

For some reason my laptop recognizes my C drive as a usb drive or something and wont let me acsess it through my computer. I can through firefox and even through explore, but not in windows exploerer.

When I double click on it it a little icon pops up in the task bar like its initializing the installation or something. When I right click on the C drive I get the option to install USB drivers. I took some screenshots. What is up with this?

MyComputerpic.jpg

Mycmppic2.jpg

Are you sure that the label C: is assigned to the first partition on your hard drive?

What I mean is if you explore D: does it have your Windows folder? or if you right click on the start menu and choose explore does it open D: ?

This is a potential consequence of having a SATA hard drive and having USB as one of your motherboard boot options and accidentally booting with a USB jump drive plugged in .

Do you have a SATA hard drive?

If you go to start / run and type

diskmgmt.msc

and hit enter

Look at Disk 0 on the left

What partititons are lised on the right for it?

What is the drive designation for the drive containing the C: partition ?

Reviewing your pic , I think that the first thing to try is to go in disk management and select the drive partition and choose properties and on the general tab , change the name to Primary or XP Home

Edited by Pete_C