Windows Xp Vs. Vista: The Benchmark Rundown

I advised a few folk not to go with Vista yet. These are folks who have very limited computer knowledge. They were asking about new computers I looked at the sales paper from Best Buy. The machine only had 512 of ram! Gees if someone is going to sale a laptop for $1400 at least see that it is WELL above the minimum requirements.

M

I wrote a little review of Vista (Ultimate) myself from my own experience with it.

Read here: http://www.besttechie.net/2007/02/06/windo...ltimate-review/

As you can tell overall I'm quite happy with it. I don't game much if at all really so there is no mention of performance compared to XP gaming wise. So go read it! Comment too if you would like. ;)

B

I really don't think that benchmarks right now mean a whole lot. I believe the software manufacturers in time will catch up and Vista will eventually be faster than XP. From what I have read so far, Vista is almost as different from XP as XP was to 98. The main thing I see is gamers crying about this slowing down there gaming experience. This could be a problem only because not all but probably most gamers are young and can't afford the new requirements that Vista needs to perform at the speed they want. So what might of been a super gaming machine for XP is now only average if that for Vista.