A lot of cities have falcon cams for those interested. Check out the various cities here. They are very interesting if you stay with the process from eggs to flight training, and then departure from the nest. The cams in Cleveland have been a favorite for many folks throughout the years.

• 1 month later...
Time to log off that cam now. Hint: Eagles only raise one chick.

What?!? Are you suggesting people insulate themselves from the true, um, nature, of Nature?

Survival of the fittest and all that.

(BTW, even I get weirded out by the nature of Nature sometimes, for example, the Cuckoo bird's reproductive technique.)

Oh dear, Sultan... Is it really you misinformed? Nawww, must be an imposter.

An average clutch is two eggs, but sometimes there will be three (in our first year with the Eagle Cam in 2005, we had three eggs and all the chicks fledged successfully). Eggs will be laid about two to three days apart.
So in our Eagle Cam nest, the firstborn will be the dominant chick and will likely pick on the younger chick, at least while they're small. This is life in an eagle nest -- the chicks have a hierarchy and being firstborn makes you king of the nest and means you get the most food. In an area where food is in short supply, this would spell trouble for the youngest eaglet. But Blackwater Refuge has a lot of food, so right now we would expect that both chicks will get enough food to survive, even if sibling rivalry means that the oldest chick gets fed the most.

So, I will watch them grow.

Oh dear, Sultan... Is it really you misinformed? Nawww, must be an imposter.
An average clutch is two eggs, but sometimes there will be three (in our first year with the Eagle Cam in 2005, we had three eggs and all the chicks fledged successfully). Eggs will be laid about two to three days apart.
So in our Eagle Cam nest, the firstborn will be the dominant chick and will likely pick on the younger chick, at least while they're small. This is life in an eagle nest -- the chicks have a hierarchy and being firstborn makes you king of the nest and means you get the most food. In an area where food is in short supply, this would spell trouble for the youngest eaglet. But Blackwater Refuge has a lot of food, so right now we would expect that both chicks will get enough food to survive, even if sibling rivalry means that the oldest chick gets fed the most.

So, I will watch them grow.

Ok, I see now. When there is plenty of food, then both chicks survive. That's good news. The nature show I had the misfortune to watch didn't say that, so I thought the horrible sights I saw there was the way it always was. Thanks for the good news, my friend.

just a little more info on bald eagles.

there is a $10,000 fine for people that have feathers, feet, or other parts of the eagle...except for native americans.

If I want eagle feathers I have to send a form to the chief and request an amount of feathers and maybe they will send them to me if they are available.

actually it's not the chief...I forgot where I have to send the request....it's been too long.

Here are a couple cams of interest. One of an Eagle nesting in VA. and the other is the Peregrine Facon nest in Cleveland, which is starting to attract a female.

Eagle Cam

Peregrine Falcon

They have been watching the falcons in cleveland for a long time. Even before webcams, they would have it on the evening news every night

Mark