Learn From Me

I ordered ddr2 ram from a yahoo store. After three weeks I have yet to receive parts or refund. I started doing some research and came up with lots of negative comments. I flied a report with IC3.gov. I will contact their local police department on Monday. The website for the LA county Better Business Bureau is just taking me in circles. I will call them on Monday also. That is the short version.

My lesson to you:

Stick with the big guys you can trust or......

Search for your parts, then research the online store. Take 2 or 3 days to dig. Do a Whois to find the registered owner of the domain, research the owner.

I am only out a little over $80 bucks but when milk is $3.50 and gas is over $2, we need to keep all the money we can.

Boy was I stupid.

M

I wouldn't say "stupid." You took a chance and may have been bit, but three weeks isn't all that long really ("six to eight weeks" delivery is still somewhat common for many companies). I know it takes that long when I order an obscure item from a well-known DVD club.

Many of these online stores are just someone that takes orders. When they get enough orders to get a large enough discount from their supplier they place the order, then fill their orders. This can take several weeks.

I agree even if it cost a few dollars more it's safer and much faster to go with the big guys.

I agree to go with the bigger guys that you KNOW are legit.

I also tend to shop local if at all possible.......if you figure in the shipping cost

when you go to buy something, that gets the prices pretty close.

How much is it worth to you to be able to walk in to the store

if you end up with a problem?

my 2 cents worth...........

never EVER stray......................from Newegg.com

NEVER!!!

:P

If it's computer related, I either get it at Newegg or Amazon. Both are quick, cheap, and reliable. If it's DVD's or CD's, Amazon all the way. If it's car parts, Jeg's, Summit Racing, Password JDM, King Motorsports, and H Motors Online. King and H Motors are both Honda/Acura exclusives and Password JDM is primarily Honda/Acura with some for Nissan.

Its the run around I get when I call. The conflicting answers to the ship date and now refund date. I am working with my bank Capital One to see "whats in my wallet" lol had to. Any way good business practice is to be upfront with the answers. Not having a customer is better than having one mad and slam you where they can.

M

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

I filed a dispute with my bank. I got through to a Detective in the city where this guy is running. Come to find out his business address is behind a police sub-station. Anyway I get the email of the lead Detective. I email him with as much info as I can. All reference numbers from IC3 and FTC.

The money is back in my account. I think Capital One is the one who looked into it then credited me.

If anyone has any kind of experiences like this file the complaints.

IC3

FTC

Their local police.

Your Bank/Credit Card company.

M