I think windows vista is coming out this month.

I was just wondering how many are gonna make the switch.

I might have to find a place to hide for a few months til the shock wears off.

people are gonna be begging me for a copy of winme.

have a good day y'all.

Actually Vista is very Stable. It is a good OS. with many new things added.

But, There are still many programs that are still not compatible with Vista. Give them time to catch up. Just like with XP, not every program worked with Xp when it first came out.

And Vista will be more difficult to work with when trying to do things that aren't legal. (but that will probably will only be a matter of time.) Because there are programs to try to stop piracy installed.

And right now while running Firefox...I am having a time trying to get mplayer installed. It is an activex control that allows the media player to show online movies and the such while using FF. (using IE7 works just fine). But you can still get allot of videos.

But Vista will be a little more open to reinstalling to a degree. It will allow you to change hardware somewhat more easily. It will more so check you HHD and Mobo. Instead of everything in your computer. Making changes to things like graphic cards easier. But if your one of us that likes to do allot of changes. The same holds true as if it was XP. You'll have to call MS and talk to their computer, give them their long line of numbers that it wants. (if you had to do this with XP then you know the story) :wacko:

And, If your thinking of buying Vista sooner then later. MS is offering a deal. If you run more then one PC in your household. They will make extra keys cheaper, only $50.00 for the premium version. The catch to this. You have to buy the Ultimate version first. (not sure if the upgrade version is includded or if it has to be the full install)

If your wondering. Yes I am running the RTM Home Premium Version full time on my main system. ( I have the option to buy the full key from MS on the 30th or it will stop this spring). (I have the option to install any version with my Key)

I would also suggest to those thinking of buying Vista to think more towards the Premium Version. The Ultimate is nice, But some of the stuff is kinda useless in a home environment. And the Ultimate add allot more info. to your HHD. It is set up more for large corporate environments.

Just some of my observations so far.

No Vista for me, thank you (and hoping my XP idiot box holds out for a long time!) From what I can see, the hardware requirements are going to make a Vista machine wayyy out of the typical family's budget! And besides, the main reason I got THIS computer is because XP Home was on it--XP Media Center has too many bells, whistles and eye candy, I can just imagine all the stuff I'd never ever use on Vista!

Liz

Oops, it double posted!?? (no "delete post" on this new version?)

Liz

Hi Liz,

There should have never been a delete post on any version of the forum as we don't delete anything here we just move it a hidden trash can forum, if there was it was a mistake. B)

B

I don't want it bogging my system down. I'll stick with XP until I build another system. It's been runnin perfectly this whole time. I don't wanna screw it up.

Edited by Honda_Boy
Oops, it double posted!?? (no "delete post" on this new version?)

Liz

Hi Liz,

There should have never been a delete post on any version of the forum as we don't delete anything here we just move it a hidden trash can forum, if there was it was a mistake. B)

B

I know there didn't used to be a delete post feature but thought maybe I could cover up whatever I did to double post with the upgrade :D Oh well, y'all get to see my goofups, warts and all! And Thank Goodness you're all used to my goofups by now! You can just leave that post or throw it in the trash, whatever's easier! (assuming it's easier just left there!....And aren't you supposed to be doing homework, young man?? ;))

Liz

This is really strange, most XP users don't want to upgrade to Vista but a large amount of Mac users are really looking froward to installing Vista Virtually on their Macs. I myself was very excited about dual booting Vista until I read about the HDCP stuff, now I think I'll wait and see.

I still think MS did a nice job with Vista and think many would be very happy with it, if your hardware supports it.

Frankly, I'm a bit offended by the upgrade in hardware needed for a Vista upgrade. Anyone with a decent P-4 and GFX card has more computing/processing power than is ever needed. Other than gamers and possibly folks into photo editing and graphic design, the power of even 3-4 year old computers goes unused. Security? I believe most of us have a handle on that.

So what's the deal? Bigger, faster, bigger, better, newer, yata yata yata.

The best part of Vista is that it doesn't come with a gun to your head to make you buy it. Keep what you got and be happy, but don't condem those who get enjoyment out of trying something new. It's still a matter of choice....

Burma Shave.....

Vista is available in January 30, 2007 - According to a poster at my local Wal-Mart :)

I would NOT and will NOT install Vista yet for the reasons everyone else has stated - I will wait until I have a computer that can run Vista.

Until then, its XP Home for me :)

Brian

Edited by baker7
The system requirements dont seem bad to me. A 1 gig CPU, 512 - 1 gig of ram, and direct X 9. Other than the ram requirements, that's not terribly expensive.

However, as long as I can surf they net and use Open Office Ill stick with XP :thumbsup:

Unless you're looking for a $299 computer :angry2: Those days are over. (Glad I got my elcheapo when I did!)

Liz

LoL. :D Bitter?

Even the cheap-o $300 Dell and Compaq Walmart bargin bin specials meet the Vista requirements in every way except for ram. Spend another $50 on ram and you're set.

Besides, in another few years when Vista starts to out number XP I find it hard to imagine that the bargin-bin PCs won't meet Vista requirements.

Edited by Bubba Bob