Post Your Linux Screen Shot

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very nice Hitest :thumbsup: Who's the girl,I know i've seen her before.

Took me a minute to place the...ahem...face...lol

Monica Bellucci (Persephone, the Merovingian's wife in the matrix)

Heh-heh, I didn't know who she was. I got her photo from a link that Carnevil kindly provided. :D

Thanks for the kind words gentlemen. :D

gentoo-osx.jpg

here is from my back deck ,

Gentoo running GNOME with osx theme

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I really gave Debian a good try. It is an exceptional distro. But, I really started to miss using Slackware. I just removed Debian today and did a clean install of Slackware 10.2. It is good to be back running Slack again on most of my Linux boxes.

Slackware 11.0 has got to be just around the corner.

Come on Patrick......let us have it. :D

freshinstall.jpg

This is kind of cool. I've been playing around with NX a networking application freely available for download. This is a screenshot of my Slackware 10.2 box running KDE connecting to a remote Ubuntu thin client server using NX. :D I can run applications on the remote Ubuntu server using my Slackware box.

NX.jpg

Okay, so I've been very bored lately waiting for Slackware 11.0 to be released. I thought I'd give Gnome on Slackware a try. So I fired up my konsole and used lynx to download, install Freerock Gnome 2.12.3. Patrick eliminated Gnome from Slackware in version 10.1, but, you can download and install Gnome from freerock. Everything seems to work okay.

I'll most likely be reverting back to KDE when 11.0 is released.

This isn't too bad I guess. :D

freerock.jpg

An old screeny of Fedora running xscreensaver as a background. I first say it on the screensavers and it was my first linux tweak. After asking around in forums and getting no where i simply figured it out my self. Just a simple scrypt. However it used a bit of resources, so I edited the scrypt to be more sparce in the matrix code and it ebded up using only about 20 more mbs of ram. Not bad for the visual effect. i soon tired of it though, but I thought some might enjoy the screenys

glmatriffedora15er.jpg

glmatriffedora28ot.th.jpg

glmatriffedora6mi.th.jpg

The following thumbnails show how the code streams down and moving in and out.

Edited by betamaxman

XGL SUSE 10.1

Dosen't seem to slow anything down , however gameing is not has enjoyable (window size is smaller. Also desktop fonts are a bit fuzzy. I put this to an experimental instal on a seperate partition, not my regular SUSE 10 and I am not sure if i will ever install it to it. 10.1 is not much differn't than 10 either. Any way I think however I will keep this install for a bit to play with, and I thought some might enjoy these screenys.

There are some conflicting how tos out there, the one from novelle broke my first install, the one from the Gem report worked flawlessly.

Also I am using kde it might work better with gnome as it was the origional gui it was tested on. B)

post-1210-1148921767_thumb.jpg

post-1210-1148921900_thumb.jpg

post-1210-1148921950_thumb.jpg

post-1210-1148921968_thumb.jpg

Edited by betamaxman

Here's my current desktop.

OpenSUSE 10.1, KDE 3.5.1 on a GA-7N400L (nForce 2), xp2600, 9800 pro.

Quick rant: Yast won't let you add local directories as a package source - other than that it works, but its extremely slow.

Zen just crashes on me when installing packages.

So I took some advice and downloaded smart-0.41-25.guru.suse101.i686.rpm

(Smart is also included in the OpenSUSE distro)

It came with some common sources/mirrors preinstalled, its fast, and it works.

To anyone having trouble with Yast, I'd recommend using smart instead.

Apologies for the verbosity.

snapshot36hq.jpg

Here's my current desktop.

OpenSUSE 10.1, KDE 3.5.1 on a GA-7N400L (nForce 2), xp2600, 9800 pro.

Quick rant: Yast won't let you add local directories as a package source - other than that it works, but its extremely slow.

Zen just crashes on me when installing packages.

So I took some advice and downloaded smart-0.41-25.guru.suse101.i686.rpm

(Smart is also included in the OpenSUSE distro)

It came with some common sources/mirrors preinstalled, its fast, and it works.

To anyone having trouble with Yast, I'd recommend using smart instead.

Apologies for the verbosity.

snapshot36hq.jpg

Interesting post, thanks! I've got the 5 Suse 10.1 CDs and was thinking of taking them for a test drive while I'm waiting for Slack 11.0 to come out. So Yast is buggy again (yast was pretty good in 10.0). I'll give smart a try. I've also heard complaints about XGL, do I need that for the install to function?

Stunning desktop dude., I gave zen a testdrive today as well and it crashed lol. Oh well, any ways I wouldn't bother with XGL on your every day install that you depend on, I get the feeling of looking through a fish bowl sometimes, but if you do either download a copy of harims boot cd and use the copy of symantic ghost on it to backup your instalation. Personaly i would be happier if i could get the transparent windows that comes bundeled with kde working. It should work, I enabled it and edited my xorg.conf like it says to, but that leaves me with no x afterwards and then it is boot into knoppix and restore my backed up xorg.conf. there is also a tweak that enables drop shadows the same as with xgl but that requires a kernel recompile. I would be happier if these things were made to be doable on a standard SUSE or any kde desktop with out xgl.

Edited by betamaxman

here is my new ubuntu-6.06 desktop. I am having a little hardtime getting used to it. I may try and use it for a while. I am not really up for learning all of the ubuntu/debian tools for doing stuff,

ubuntudesk.png