Friends List Now A Blocked List?

Not a big deal whether it log in/log off, as long as everything else works. Like I said Dell does it to me also, so got use to it. Theirs started that after they did an update a few months ago. I figured they did it deliberately to log everyone off for whatever reason.

Might be a good thing logging out automatically. When I give out a link to BT while still logged in, could a person click on the link, and still show me logged in, get my email and SPAM me to death? Just a thought!

Barb

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I give out a link to BT while still logged in, could a person click on the link, and still show me logged in, get my email and SPAM me to death?

No. If you send a link while still logged in, the receiver will not be logged in as you if they click it.

Like Barb, it is no problem having to log in occasionally--it forces me to remember my password! :D (had to scratch my head for a while this last time! Any more time gone by, I would have forgotten it!)

Liz

Hey Liz:

When you log in do you have box checked "remember me"? I do , and I don't have to remember password, thank heavens. Or if you are using the one on top right box "user name", just left click, a drop down window appears should say "blim" click it don't fill in password, just click "go" and it will log you in.

Now I just came on and I'm still logged in from last night, but in a few hours it could log me off. Go figure :blink: No set pattern. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Barb

Yup, Barb, I click "remember me" when I log in and what a great tip! I never knew about clicking that box. When I log in as Buckwheat (Son's account) I go through the motions of typing his name and password, now I won't have to play password roulette (he uses one of three different ones wherever he goes)

Thanks!

Liz

Glad it worked for you Liz. I tried it one day to see what would happen. I figured if it was wrong, it would just ask for correct password. Who knew??? :lol:

Liz, here is a program that is very similiar to "Belarc Advisor" called "SIW" that will show everything that is on your computer, ie product key#'s, and which interest me also was it shows you all your user names and passwords that you use. After you install it, menu on left, scroll down until you see "secrets" voila there you have it. Here ya go:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/SIW.shtml

Most important it is FREE. No spyware or anything attached to it. Safe to D/L :thumbsup:

Barb

Oh, wow, Barb, and I know just the person to send that link to! He's on another board and keeps making new usernames (using his original name and adding a number---I think he's up to "10" now!) because he forgets his password when he's travelling out of town :D I'll tell him to use this and write his password on his hand! :) John will certainly thank you for this!!!

Liz

I have a question for you all:

How does one add a "friend" to the right side of your profile? I have tried this before, and added about 7 friends, including jeff, but when I go to friends in my profile, I see "no friends to display"

Is there something that users have to do to get this working?? Other users have friends listed, and I don't - just wonderd ???

Brian

How does one add a "friend" to the right side of your profile? I have tried this before, and added about 7 friends, including jeff, but when I go to friends in my profile, I see "no friends to display"

Is there something that users have to do to get this working?? Other users have friends listed, and I don't - just wonderd ???

Brian

As far as I'm concered, everyone here is a friend. I haven't seen anyone yet that I would ignore, not even Suppy

Mark B)

Brian

Brian:

Just click on anyone's user name in a thread, and a drop down window appears, and you click on "add as friend" That is how I did it. Did not try it in my profile.

Barb :D

Brian

Brian:

Just click on anyone's user name in a thread, and a drop down window appears, and you click on "add as friend" That is how I did it. Did not try it in my profile.

Barb :D

Barb:

Thanks a million: must be the fact that my machine was messed up - she is running better now - I will have to go get some updates, but seems to be running better - apparently, could not click these things before, so it was not working - have added friends to my list now ;)

Brian

Brian

As far as I'm concered, everyone here is a friend. I haven't seen anyone yet that I would ignore, not even Suppy

Mark B)

I have to agree that everyone here is a friend........I don't ignore many.....Even in my days as an IRC Server Operator, I RARELY ignored people - If I did, it was because our rules forbade staff from trying to settle personal disputes for people (User to User) Instead, we asked them to take it to /msg, or to a private channel - That way, we were free to handle server related stuff, and maintain order on the public channels.

:thumbsup::matrix:B)

Take Care,

Brian

Barb:

Thanks a million: must be the fact that my machine was messed up - she is running better now - I will have to go get some updates, but seems to be running better - apparently, could not click these things before, so it was not working - have added friends to my list now ;)

Brian

You are very welcome. :D

• 1 month later...