...."by The Time I Get To Phoenix".....

Not that I'm complaining, actually I love it. But it is right now the same temp in Phoenix as it is in Central Park (NYC). 42 degrees F.

Supposed to go down to 31 tonight in the central city and lower elsewhere. The locals think the next ice age is upon us. :lol:

I'll take this anytime over the easy bake oven temps we have here most of the year!

Tomorrow morning is the big marathon race which goes right by my house. I'll be out there with my tripod and camera. It's going to be a brisk run.

Joe

You guys are making me cold! Wow, 31 in Phoenix? And 16 in California?? That's just absurd! We've been lucky in Frigid Michigan....predicted highs in the 20's, which is "normal", but after highs in the upper 40's (even hung laundry on the line! In January! In Michigan! Unheard of!! Love the smell of line dryed laundry!), yes, we were spoiled, but it doesn't mean I have to LIKE the cold weather coming back!!

Liz

Edited by blim
Could any of this maybe have something to do with *gasp* global warming? */gasp*

Absolutely not. As the current resident of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. has often so articulately stated: "We ain't got no global warmin!"

***RV goes and checks the weather......hmmm... :mellow: .....yup....another day to not go out to far***

The last 3 - 4 days has been -30F to -39F.....this morning it's -33F...Relative humidity :66%, Wind :0 km/h N, Barometric pressure :104.2 kPa Barometric pressure, Dewpoint :-40 °F.

*** :blink: ....rats...forgot to plug in the truck last night ***

... *** :blink: ....rats...forgot to plug in the truck last night ***
Ha! My first, immediate thought was, "Dang, I miss my block heater!" (The new truck ain't got one.)

Then I realized, and I should be afraid to mention it, WE HAVEN'T HAD ANY COLD WEATHER! I'm not even sure we've reached down into the teens yet this year. Maybe not even in the 20's for more than a day or so.

Oh, that's right, all that Western cold should be coming my way. Wish I had a block heater! :lol:

All of our snow is melting right now. We had a light dusting the other day, an inch or two. It is very mild today. We had one week of below freezing weather. It is warmer than usual.

Rain

39 °F

33 km/hr SE

Relative Humidity

88 %

All of our snow is melting right now. We had a light dusting the other day, an inch or two. It is very mild today. We had one week of below freezing weather. It is warmer than usual.

Rain

39 °F

33 km/hr SE

Relative Humidity

88 %

Here in Dallas we had a cold front arrive Friday night. It dropped to low thirties about 3Am and hasn't really risen any since.

The weathermen are constantly warning of "winter weather emergency" and "Freezing rain alert" but so far the rain has been to heavy to freeze even if the temp is below 32. Maybe to the west of here; but not in Dallas.

We have a Winter Storm Warning and Hazardous Weather Outlook for our area until 7 PM tomorrow. Later tonight until 10 AM they say we will get an ice storm with 1/2" of ice accumulation. Downed trees and power lines expected. Once that goes through we are supposed to get 6-12" of snow on top.

We've had two days in a row with light drizzle that eventually froze, then a very light coat of snow. Melts quickly even with the heavy overcast.

Came home from work in the early a.m. and shoveled it off the drive, only to see the snow melt off the neighbor's drives with no effort on their part. :angry:

Actual cold weather's supposed to arrive today.