Besttechie Forum Upgrade

Within the next hour anywhere from 5:30 PM EST time to 6:30 PM EST time the forums will be down for upgrades. The upgrade shouldn't take long. It will most likely take 15-20 minutes if even that (assuming everything goes as planned).

B

Forum Upgrade Complete.

However, the forums need to be slightly edited to get them back to the way they were before the upgrade. Whenever the forums are upgraded to a new version that's considered a major upgrade, I like to make it a fresh install (if you will) so I need to do some code editing. I'll get that done as soon as possible. Everything is functional or should be at least except for the search engine friendly URL's and the Live Chat link. If you find any bugs or problems please let me know. I'll be adding back the search engine friendly URL's and the Live Chat as soon as I can.

B

the "quick edit" feature does not seem to be working correctly. I can't save my edits when using it.

Works here Shane, you need to put the reason why it was edited in the box on the bottom left before you save it.

B

Quick question Jeff. Below my posts, it tells me how much 'attachment space' I have left. IIRC< the last version had a place in my profile where I could manage my attachments. Where is that now, I couldn't seem to find it.

Ahh found it. Its under 'My Controls'

Its working today. Yesterday the screen formatting when on the quick edit screen was also messed up, the "use full editor" button was larger then the other buttons. I am not sure what happened between last evening and today, but the problem seems to be gone.

By the way, I like the "use full editor button". Many times I start to do a "quick edit", and then decide i need to use some formatting. This way my post is not lost when switching to "full edit".

Edited by shanenin

So ok this is what happens when I take off for a few days to many times, and come back this time only to find that Jeff moved the furniture around while I was gone...Hmmm!!! :rolleyes:

Now I don't need to have a seeing eye dog yet... so should get the hang of things soon... :unsure:

Well so far so good if this posts ok... I hope!!! :rolleyes:

Pat

God bless everyone

So when can we make a personal statement? I have soo many important things to say

Mark :huh:

OK, Dan explained that the thick black line is meant as a spoiler and you can only read it when you highlight it, but what the dickens is a personal statement??

Post came through loud and clear, Pat! If us ol'ladies can get this, anyone can, right? ;)

Liz

i dont mind the changes as long as the people dont change

yes the board is certaily

updated

to me a change is as refreshing as showering with your clothes on

does that make sense

ha

marty

Howdy:

I like the updates, but need to find out how you add "friends" to your list. I have visited at least 15 profiles and clicked on "add a friend" and I STILL don't have any friends to display. For example - I clicked on BT's profile, but he still is not listed as a friend - Is there something I am doing wrong here??

Just curious

Brian

i dont mind the changes as long as the people dont change

yes the board is certaily

updated

to me a change is as refreshing as showering with your clothes on

does that make sense

ha

marty

I would have to agree with marty. It does NOT matter how many changes this board goes through, as long as the people that make Besttechie the way it is stay around. You guys and gals are awesome, and I can think of nowhere else I would rather be - and that is the truth ;)

Brian