1680 X 1050 Resolution On Sapphire Graphics Card

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9600SE Edition 128MB graphics card running dual monitors. The two monitors are an old 17" Sony Trinitron and a Nokis 447L. The Sony monitor is dying (yellow color and cuts out frequently). I'd like to replace the Sony with a 20" flatscreen LCD monitor. All the flat screens I've looked at use a resolution of 1680x1050 (which I think it the HxW ratio of HDTV). The Sapphire card doesn't support the 1680x1050 resolution. Is there a driver update that would help, or am I destined to get a new graphics card too?

I have a Sapphire Radeon 9600SE Edition 128MB graphics card running dual monitors. The two monitors are an old 17" Sony Trinitron and a Nokis 447L. The Sony monitor is dying (yellow color and cuts out frequently). I'd like to replace the Sony with a 20" flatscreen LCD monitor. All the flat screens I've looked at use a resolution of 1680x1050 (which I think it the HxW ratio of HDTV). The Sapphire card doesn't support the 1680x1050 resolution. Is there a driver update that would help, or am I destined to get a new graphics card too?

Are you using programs that handle that resolution? Might just want a 20"screen without the HDTV capabilities.