How To Print On Envelopes?

Hey all,

Im trying to help my mom out because she does a lot of mail sending and she doesnt like her handwritting. I tried to print directly on a regular envelope but the printer would just send it right out without any actual print on it. Is there a way to actually do this using MS Word? By the way I have a regular HP printer so i cannot print near the border so I dont know where I would have to put the margins.

There may be a "template" for envelopes that would automatically set the margins, landscape or portrait mode, etc. (I use WordPerfect so I don't know where it'd be or what it'd be called in Word.)

I've never really had much luck with printing envelopes easily (no matter what word processor I've used). It usually takes a lot of tweaking (not to mention I've never had a printer that handled envelopes reliably).

Hi, just go into Word and click on Tools, a dropdown box appears and click on Envelopes and Labels and it shows you where to type in the address where it is going and also your return address.

It also allows you to preview it and then how to insert it into your printer. You should be go to go from then. Good Luck

This is generally a feature of your Word Processor software

In MS Word and works you go to tools/ envelopes and labels

Select the correct size and enter the to and from where requested

In Corel Word Perfect it is Format / envelopes

Pretty sure that in Abiword; you have to create a template.

http://abiword.snt.utwente.nl/mailinglists...2/Sep/0080.html

Open office ; To do Envelopes, open an OpenOffice Writer document, and choose Insert > Envelope

You may want to check out some of these templates and see if they do the trick

http://www.psprint.com/creative/downloads/...g_templates.asp

http://desktoppub.about.com/od/envelopes/E...n_Tutorials.htm

Yeah, since I generally am already on the PC to print something which I will be mailing if I need an addressed envelope; I even usually already have Word or Word Perfect open and can print it out then and there. Nice to have the return address saved as default too.

Ones I tend to use on a repeat basis I print a batch of four or five at a time to have ready when I need them.

I remember how upset the OL got when I threw out a bunch of those nasty lick and stick return address labels with some silly thing on them. Once I finally got her into the habit of using her computer (she pretty much ignored the one running win98, but when I got her a Dell running XP she has been on it every day) and her old canon printer crapped out and I bought her a nice new HP and showed her what she can do (remember, if you can do it in word , you can with a little work do it on the envelope) she used it for all this years xmas cards and other correspondence.