Wireless Network Issues On Xp Boot Camp

What wont connect, your browser? If windows sees the network it is connecting. What you have is a windows setup problem you may need to ask a windows expert.

Are you booting to windows or running it virtually? The new parallels beta is supposed to be great. It will read your bootcamp partition.

Parallels newest beta

Edited by isteve
What wont connect, your browser? If windows sees the network it is connecting. What you have is a windows setup problem you may need to ask a windows expert.

Are you booting to windows or running it virtually? The new parallels beta is supposed to be great. It will read your bootcamp partition.

Parallels newest beta

Well its not the browser. It is windows itself. I keep getting the bubble in the lower right hand side saying unable to connect. And samething when I double click on the network in available networks.

Are you able to connect through ethernet?

Did you check in windows device manager, I think under network devices, to see if wireless driver is working?

Shut off windows firewall.

This is a windows problem if os x is working we know the machine is working. My guess is a driver issue bootcamp is still beta.

Are you able to connect through ethernet?

Did you check in windows device manager, I think under network devices, to see if wireless driver is working?

Shut off windows firewall.

This is a windows problem if os x is working we know the machine is working. My guess is a driver issue bootcamp is still beta.

The internet works when plugged directly in but im not always near my router so i need the wireless working for xp. Ive had the firewall off for a while now while I have been trying to fix this so that wasnt the problem. It could be just a driver issue. Do you have any other suggestions?

I don't have a Intel mac yet waiting for 10.5 to be released. You could try Apple's support forums I'm sure your not the only one with this problem. It does sounds like a wireless driver issue.

I'm just wondering if it could be a encryption problem maybe turn it off just to see if it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

do you have encryption turned on? try reentering the encrytion key