Increase Firefox's Security

For anyone interested, I found a Firefox extension to help enhance the security of your PC, while using Firefox, and Internet Explorer.

It's an Anti-keylogger called, KeyScrambler Personal.

KeyScrambler Personal encrypts your keystrokes at the kernel driver level to protect your login information from keyloggers.

When you type on your keyboard, the keys travel along a path within the operating system before it arrives at your browser. Keyloggers plant themselves along this path and observe and record your keystrokes. The collected information is then sent to the criminals who will use it to steal from you.

KeyScrambler defeats keyloggers by encrypting your keystrokes at the keyboard driver level, deep within the operating system. When the encrypted keystrokes reach your browser, KeyScrambler then decrypts them so you see exactly the keys you've typed. Keyloggers can only record the encrypted keys, which are completely indecipherable.

Unlike anti-virus and anti-spyware programs that depend on recognition to remove keyloggers that they know about, KeyScrambler will protect you from both known and unknown keyloggers. What's more, KeyScrambler provides protection without getting in your way. You don't have anything to learn about the program and you don't have to do anything differently, but with KeyScrambler your important personal information will be a whole lot safer.

It has been independently tested by Grinler, at BC, and it does work.

He tested it, using three different commercial keyloggers:

Actual Spy

PC ACME Professional

Keyboard Spectator Pro (KGB Spy) 3.30

Review

There's a Personal version (Freeware), and a professional version ($24.99).

It's also available, from the Homepage, for Internet Explorer:

http://www.qfxsoftware.com/

Edited by tg1911
  • 1 month later...

TG

does it work with

firefox on ubuntu

i dont use firefox and IE

but i do have it in ubuntu

i had trouble once

when someone installed a key logger

through a tracking cookie

and ran up toll bills

i have that fixed now

but im interested to know if it works within ubuntu

marty

i had trouble once

when someone installed a key logger

through a tracking cookie

and ran up toll bills

i have that fixed now

Just an aside -- keyloggers has been a concern of mine ever since I went on broadband especially back in mid 2005. I had a tollbar put on my phone that blocks international calls and 0900 ones, unless I put in the unlock code. Just added insurance (seeing as I'm the only one here, there's no one to gripe).

ice wolf

yea i have a pin number on my phone now

the tolls were sent as far away as

mexico

but i posted this Q at g4

and pete_c said if you dont allow

tracking cookies on your sys they cant track you

that is why it is impotant to have a appli like

adaware to find the tracking cookies

pete called it a pixel

so im now scanning with adaware every other day

marty

If I'd had my brain in gear last night (which it wasn't, sorry, I came home brain-dead tired again) -- diallers would have been the ones possibly causing those high toll bills, Marty, rather than keyloggers, which just intercept the keystrokes and then let cracker HQ know.