I have a DI-624 model router

The router broadcast and I am able to connect to the network; however I cannot seem to get connected to the internet via my laptop or any other of the 4 laptops i've tried.

I resetted the darn thing, and it still wont work at the default settings.

I am currently using a friends (of which is the exact same model) and I am able to connect fine. However when my router is plugged in the desktop wont even work.

I am downloading the firmware to update the darn thing (took me forever to remember "firmware", I kept telling myself i need to try the BLANKware)

Either way, if the firmware doesnt work.. any ideas? *Now i get to go switch back to my router with no connection :(

UPDATE

Firmware updated

Nothing :(

Even had to switch to my friends router to get online via my desktop.. the "hardline"

Edited by TheTrueDarkOne

Tried a hard-reset ? It's conceivable you've accidentally fubared the configuration to an unworkable state.

How are you getting an IP address? DHCP? If you're DHCP'ing it, do you actually get an IP from the router? If you do, can you ping the router? Can you ping 72.14.207.99 (google.com)? You need to do a bit of troubleshooting to try and find where the issue lies.

(note: use 'ping -d 72.14.207.99' to cut out the name resolution)

If you can ping 72.14.207.99 but not 'google.com', your issue lies with the DNS servers you're getting via DHCP. Rather than ask your ISP for theirs, use openDNS - 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

Tried a hard-reset ? It's conceivable you've accidentally fubared the configuration to an unworkable state.

How are you getting an IP address? DHCP? If you're DHCP'ing it, do you actually get an IP from the router? If you do, can you ping the router? Can you ping 72.14.207.99 (google.com)? You need to do a bit of troubleshooting to try and find where the issue lies.

(note: use 'ping -d 72.14.207.99' to cut out the name resolution)

If you can ping 72.14.207.99 but not 'google.com', your issue lies with the DNS servers you're getting via DHCP. Rather than ask your ISP for theirs, use openDNS - 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220.

We'll since im connected via router "George" (my friends) I will attempt what you have asked later this evening and post as soon as I do.

Thanks

'Jose

"Del Rio" = Mine

"George" = Friends

"Del Rio" --> Connects to Network --> I go to Windows Key + R --> Type cmd --> Shows everything OK (From DHCP enabled, to IP ADDRESS, ECT.)

"George" --> Everything works fine

Is there a modem or anything else between the router and the internet? If so re you getting an ip address from the modem (cable/dsl) or is it from your ISP. If you get addresses from the modem try turning off the lan dhcp server, this will make the d-link router a switch. If you are getting an address other than 192.168.o.1 then there is a problem.

Just verify the connections, lan1,2,3,4 go to pc wan goes to what ever is upstream.

Post back

M