My mother in law's computer is so jacked up - it's running Windows XP SP1, I tried to use the Microsoft Automatic Update, and the MS Update screen to download it, but popups are keeping me from doing it. Is there a way to download it somewhere online?

Hello.

There is a way to download the full sp2. The file is quite large ~266 MB.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

is the direct link.

Before you run the sp2 install, have you checked the computer with current anti-virus software and done a spy ware checker?

Hope it helps,

~

Freekie

My mother in law's computer is so jacked up - it's running Windows XP SP1, I tried to use the Microsoft Automatic Update, and the MS Update screen to download it, but popups are keeping me from doing it. Is there a way to download it somewhere online?
What popups are you getting? If these popup windows are not Microsoft related then you should go to the malware section of these forums and follow the Hijack This procedures and post the log to clean the computer up before attempting to install SP2.

Where is the Malware section? I looked for this and didn't see it. Yes the popups are NOT Microsoft related, they are ad popups. It's ridiculous, I don't even know where to start... :(